Communities In Schools surrounds students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life. Our evidence-based approach, adapted to meet each community’s unique needs, is the basis for our success. CIS of Greter Central Texas brings the CIS model to schools in their community by doing the following:
- Conducts an assessment of the community to determine the need for CIS
- Partners with school district leadership to identify where CIS can have the greatest impact
- Hires, trains and assigns a site coordinator to a school in need
- Partners with the school districts, local agencies, businesses and foundations to garner support for the organization and its work
- Mobilizes community resources to address academic and nonacademic barriers
- Continuously evaluates their work at all levels to ensure progress is made and goals are met
All across Greater Central Texas, CIS helps to serve students in 4 counties, 7 districts, and 52 K-12 sites.