Communities In Schools (CIS) of Greater Central Texas is always happy to accept multi-talented and enthusiastic interns to partner with our team. Our ideal candidate is willing to work on multiple tasks, collaborate with community partners, and work with at-risk youth. They will also have the opportunity to assist with special events and case-management file set-up and maintenance.
Position Summary: As an intern with Communities In Schools of Greater Central Texas, you will get the opportunity to develop and improve your client assessment and case management skills. You will be shadowing a Site Coordinator for a nationally accredited non-profit organization whose mission is to surround students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life. Our program engages and inspires young people to recognize their potential, overcome obstacles in life and provide them with the support they need to succeed. Throughout the internship you will also have the opportunity to participate in organizational events such as the CIS Annual Track & Field Event and assigned campus activities such as lunch groups, etc.
- Positions are open to students who are enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program
- Available internship positions vary from year to year according to our needs
- The program offers internship positions in every district where there is a CIS presence
- Internships with CIS are non-paid positions
- Internships are offered beginning mid-August through end of May (no Summer internships)
- CIS will work to accommodate placement requests
- Hours vary depending on your campus placement
- Proof of Liability Insurance (Provided by university/college)
- Drug test (Paid for by intern or university)
- Background check through school district
- Signed CIS Confidentiality Notice and Agreement
- Assist CIS Site Coordinators
Social Media Checklist:
- Review and adhere to all agency guidelines and policies regarding the use of all means of technology in the agency
- Do not lookup present or past clients on social media
- Do not friend or follow current or past clients
- Do not share client information via email or text
- Be very cautious about what you share (via any format) about faculty, field agencies/instructors, peers, co-workers, employers, etc.
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills & attributes:
- Believe in our mission
- Have a positive attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Be enrolled in a social work, psychology or licensed professional counselor (LPC) degree program
- Experience from and/or interest in working with diverse/underserved populations
- A sharp eye for detail
- Willingness to learn and pitch in where needed
- An ability to take initiative; manage multiple tasks and work efficiently
Please submit an application and resume to Christine Elias at email@example.com. You will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours. Phone calls are discouraged. Review of applications will occur 48-72 hours after receipt.